Who doesn't love a slice of cheesecake!? This is why we had to share this recipe with you today! With almost half the amount of calories as your standard cheesecake but a whopping 3 times more protein, there isn’t a reason not to enjoy this slice of heaven.
- 180g rolled oats
- 4 Tablespoons runny honey
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 500g Quark
- 100 Frozen/fresh mixed berries (thaw before use)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg whites
Serves 8 | 220 KCAL
13g Protein | 8g Fat | 13g Carbohydrates
Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees, gas mark 4.
- Firstly, you will need to prepare the base of your cheesecake. Lightly toast the oats in the oven on a baking tray for 10 minutes. Remove the oats and blend for 30 seconds until each oat flake has broken down in size.
- Add the oats to a bowl with melted coconut oil and half the honey. Mix until ingredients are combined. Empty oats in to an 8 inch non-stick cake tin and flatten down evenly covering the entire bottom of the tin.
- Bake the base for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the base is baking, start to prepare the cheesecake filling. Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, quark and the other half of the honey.
- Pour the cheesecake filling in to the baked oat base. Add the mixed berries to the filling and gently swirl so they are evenly separated.
- Bake the cheesecake for a further 50-60 minutes until the top turns slightly golden.
- Leave the cheesecake to completely cool in the cake tin for 2 hours. Remove from the tin, slice in to 8 pieces and serve with warm berries.
You will also find this recipe and many more in our More Than Physique E-Book which you can purchase on our website for just £9.99